Did You Get a Wage Garnishment Notice in the Mail?

Discuss your situation with a Woodside, NY accountant

Nobody likes getting an unexpected letter from the IRS, especially when your hard-earned pay is in jeopardy. Thankfully, you don't have to face them alone. Based in Woodside, NY, Pablo F. Sanchez, CPA, CGMA can help you sort out your wage garnishment issue.

You may have gotten this notice if you owe:

  • Alimony
  • Back taxes
  • Student loans
  • Child support
After receiving notice, the IRS will make deductions to your paycheck until your debt is paid off. However, there are other options you can explore. Call 718-489-9600 to discuss your situation with an experienced accountant

What are your options when it comes to wage garnishments?

If you don't have a lot of extra money after you pay bills, a wage garnishment may cause you undue financial hardship. Thankfully, we can help by:

  • Negotiating a full or partial release with the IRS
  • Placing you on a "currently not collectible" status so that you won't have to make payments
  • Creating an installment agreement where you pay the IRS a certain amount every month
If you choose the latter, we can also negotiate with the IRS to lower the amount owed. Schedule an appointment with our knowledgeable accountant today.